Sisters and Associates make up the Tacoma Dominican Community.
Together we share in the Dominican mission and charism. Together we strive to live the Tacoma Dominican mission statement (1996) in our daily lives.
Vowed Membership is open to Catholic women who:
Desire a deeper relationship with God
- Have a passion for Dominican mission
- Share Jesus’ love and compassion for God’s poor
- Embrace a deep commitment to peace and justice
- Feel called to embrace the three vows of poverty, consecrated chastity and obedience
- Seek Community life, holding all things in common
Associates in collaboration and solidarity with the sisters:
- Dream of a restored earth where all of the creation is reverenced, all cultures included, all peoples are respected
- Are companions on a journey, listening, dialoguing, sharing, dreaming with one another, honoring diversity and multi-culturalism, living simply with hope and humor